Foster Care & Adoption Louisiana Tour
We're Ready to Help Your Church Develop Foster Care & Adoption Ministries that Reach the Next Generation for Christ!
We Help Your Church...
- Encourage families to answer God's call to Foster Care & Adoption ministry
- Train and support families
- Establish Foster Care & Adoption ministries that support families in your church and community
Options for Presentations at Your Church...
- Display booth with Foster Care & Adoption info
- During Sunday School/Bible Study hour
- Worship Service with brief presentation
- Worship Service with brief presentation and a message entitled, So the Next Generation Will Know, by Dr. Perry Hancock, LBCH President & CEO
The Connect1Child Tour Begins February 2023.
Reserve your Sunday with our ONLINE FORM or call 318-343-2244!
Connect1Child is the off campus foster care and adoption ministry of the Louisiana Baptist Children's Home (LBCH). LBCH has been serving children and families in need since 1899. As we began serving more and more children in foster care at our Monroe campus, the need became apparent to expand our efforts to reach more children in foster care throughout the state.
Our vision is to connect all Louisiana foster children to Christian families and churches. Connect1Child mobilizes churches and believers to answer God’s call in James 1:27, "…to look after orphans…in their distress."
Connect1Child includes a team of social workers trained in trauma-informed care to work closely with the Department of Children and Family Services and other foster care community partners to understand the needs and how the churches and Christian families can help.
Across Louisiana, the Connect1Child ministry team:
- Provides Foster Parent Information/Orientation meetings
- Recruits Christian foster parents from area churches
- Partners with churches to develop foster care and adoption support ministries
- Provides ongoing training and support services for individuals, families, and churches through their journey into foster care ministry
Everyone is not called to foster or adopt, but we believe everyone has a role to play in caring for vulnerable children and families in foster care. There are countless ways to serve, we want to help you find your ministry fit. People like you are changing children’s lives by opening their hearts and homes!
We hope you'll explore our site and learn more about how you and your church can get involved!
Sensing God’s call to serve in foster care? Have questions? Please contact our Connect1Child ministry team at 318‑343‑2244 or submit a Foster Care Interest Form.